Complaints Procedure

Carrington Dean Limited is fully committed to delivering leading financial solutions and offering the best possible advice and service to our clients.  However, there may be the occasion when you feel you have cause for complaint.

When this happens please contact us and let us know and we will ensure that we fully investigate your complaint and do everything we can to put things right for you. We will keep you up to date as matters progress and you are free to contact us at any time if you have any questions.

Whichever way you contact us we will start investigating straight away.

If you require any additional help for any reason in order to make a complaint please let us know and we will do what we can to offer assistance with any language or literacy issues. If you are a vulnerable customer or the friend, family member or carer of a vulnerable customer, we can refer you to a list of useful organisations that provide specialist help.

How to complain

By phone: 0800 043 1320

By email: [email protected]

Write: The Complaints Team, Carrington Dean Ltd, Regent House, 5th Floor, 76 Renfield Street, Glasgow, G2 1NQ

How Carrington Dean will deal with your complaint

Wherever possible we aim to resolve all of your concerns by the end of the third working day of receipt. If we are unable to do so, we will formally acknowledge your complaint in writing within five business days of receipt to let you know that the complaint is being dealt with and provide the contact details of the person dealing with it. We will then aim to resolve your complaint as soon as we can and we will keep you updated on progress until it is resolved. If at any time you are not happy with our progress, please contact us to raise your concern.

Within 8 weeks of us receiving your complaint

When we have completed our investigation we will send you a final response letter. This letter will detail the investigation and the findings. The letter will also confirm our conclusions, whether we have upheld, partially upheld or not upheld your complaint and explain any action we are taking, or have taken to correct the problem that led you to complain and detail any redress that may be due.

What information we need

To assist us in dealing with your complaint please provide the following:

  • The facts of your complaint (in the order of events) including the date and time the problem arose
  • Which member(s) of staff you dealt with.
  • Your full name, address, contact details and any customer reference numbers to allow us to locate and review your case files.
  • How we can make things right.

Your Rights

We hope that you will accept the decision of our Complaints Department. If this should not be the case, you remain free at all times to seek independent advice.


If you are a client who has entered a Debt Arrangement Scheme (“DAS”), you have the right to submit a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (“FOS”).  FOS is an independent organisation who look to resolve complaints between consumers and financial organisations that they haven’t been able to resolve .You would need to do this within six months of receiving our response to your complaint.

A copy of the FOS’s explanatory leaflet will also be enclosed with our final response letter. Details of FOS services and their contact details are as follows:

Mon to Fri 08:00 TO 20:00 Sat 09:00 to 13:00

The Financial Ombudsman Service

Exchange Tower

London, E14 9SR

By phone: 0800 023 4567 free for people phoning from a landline

By phone: 0300 123 9 123 free for mobile users paying a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 or 02

By email: [email protected]

You can also download a complaints form from the FOS website.

Contacting the DAS Administrator

If you are a DAS or DAS Payment Distribution client you may submit a complaint in writing to the DAS Administrator.

DAS Administrator

Accountant in Bankruptcy

1 Pennyburn Road, Kilwinning

Ayrshire, KA13 6SA


By phone: 0300 200 2770

Mon to Fri 08:00 TO 20:00 Sat 09:00 to 13:00

By fax: 0300 200 2920


You can also submit your complaint via the following form .



Clients with Trust Deeds or in Individual Voluntary Arrangements or Sequestration that are dissatisfied with our handling of their complaint or with the outcome may raise the matter with the Insolvency Service.  The Insolvency Service acts as a gateway for all insolvency regulators and will pass your complaint to our licensing body, the Insolvency Practitioners Association.

By phone: 0300 678 0015

Mon to Fri 09:00 TO 17:00

Email: [email protected]

You can also submit your complaint via the following form on the Insolvency Service website


Complete the online complaints form and posting it to:

The Insolvency Service

IP Complaints, Insolvency Service

3rd Floor

1 City Walk

Leeds, LS11 9DA


For matters regarding data protection you may submit a complaint the Information Commissioner’s Office via:

T: 0303 123 1113

You can also submit a complaint online via