Provision of Services Regulations 2009


The following information is designed to draw the attention of interested parties to the information required to be disclosed by the Provision of Services Regulations 2009.

Licensing Body

Licensed Insolvency Practitioners within the Carrington Dean Group Limited are authorised to act within the UK by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland “ICAS”, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales “ICAEW” or by the Insolvency Practitioners Association “IPA”.

Peter C Dean MA CA FCMi fabrp MCiArb Mipa

Iain C Forsyth CA

James D C MacIntyre CA

Maureen H Roxburgh

Carrington Dean is also a member of ICAEW & ICAS

Rules Governing Actions

All IPs are bound by the rules of their professional body, including any that relate specifically to insolvency. The rules of the professional bodies that licences them can be found at

Peter C Dean;

Iain C Forsyth

James D C MacIntyre

Maureen H Roxburgh

In addition, IPs are bound by the Statements of Insolvency Practice (SIPs), details of which can be found at


All IPs are required to comply with the Insolvency Code of Ethics and a copy of the Code can be found at

Peter C Dean

Iain C Forsyth

James D C Macintyre

Maureen H Roxburgh


Carrington Dean always strives to provide a professional and efficient service. However, we recognise that it is in the nature of insolvency proceedings for disputes to arise from time to time. As such, should you have any comments or complaints regarding the administration of a particular case then in the first instance you should contact the IP acting as office holder.

If you consider that the IP has not dealt with your comments or complaint appropriately you should then put details of your concerns in writing to our Complaints Manager Michelle Purvis, Carrington Dean, Fyfe Chambers, 105 West George Street, Glasgow G2 1PB.

Most disputes can be resolved amicably either through the provision of further information or following negotiations. However, in the event that you have exhausted our complaints procedure and you are not satisfied that your complaint has been resolved or dealt with appropriately, you may complain to the regulatory body that licences the insolvency practitioner concerned. Any such complaints should be addressed to The Insolvency Service, IP Complaints, 3rd Floor, 1 City Walk, Leeds, LS11 9DA, and you can make a submission using an on-line form available at ; or you can email; or you may phone 0300 678 0015 – calls are charged at up to 12p per minute from a land line, or for mobiles, between 3p and 45p per minute if you’re calling from the UK.

Consumer Credit Licence

Carrington Dean holds Consumer Credit Interim permissions with the Financial Conduct Authority, Registration Number: 582212. The Interim Permissions authorised are credit brokerage, debt adjusting on a commercial basis and debt counselling on a commercial basis. Further details are held on the Consumer Credit Register, which can be found at

Complaints relating to matters under our Consumer Credit Licence can be referred to The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR and you may be able to access their Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) system. More information can be found at

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Carrington Dean’s Professional Indemnity Insurance is provided by Allianz Insurance plc, 500 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 2XX. The territorial coverage is worldwide excluding professional business carried out from an office in the United States of America or Canada and excludes any action for a claim brought in any courts in the United States of America or Canada.


Carrington Dean is registered for VAT under registration number 790 7293 96.

We've helped so many others just like you.